You can be aware of the latest KPC and other carbapenemases news on a daily basis. Every day there are up to 10-15 KPC news stories. We sort them, weed out the duplicates and then create two things. A free daily newsletter, and our Twitter feed. Save yourself hours and be informed in ways that will practically help you, whether you are a patient or a health care worker. See the latest news below and scroll down for a guide to where we get it from and why you can trust it.
- CDC Social Media Tools, Guidelines & Best Practices | Social Media | CDC
- Occurrence of Enterobacter hormaechei carrying blaNDM-1 and blaKPC-2 in China. - PubMed - NCBI
- Copper ions and coordination complexes as novel carbapenem adjuvants. - PubMed - NCBI
- Prevalence of extended-spectrum beta lactamase and carbapenemase-encoding genes in poultry feces from Algeria and Marseille, France. - PubMed - NCBI
- Molecular and epidemiological characterization of carbapenemase-producing Enterobacteriaceae in Norway, 2007 to 2014. - PubMed - NCBI
- Combined resistance to multiple antibiotics: a growing problem in the EU
- WHO offers guidance on carbapenem-resistant bacteria | CIDRAP
- Patient Hand Hygiene: The Missing Link - InfectionControl.tips
- The quick loss of carbapenem susceptibility in Pseudomonas aeruginosa at intensive care units. - PubMed - NCBI
- - Document - Structure of Apo- and Monometalated Forms of NDM-1-A Highly Potent Carbapenem-Hydrolyzing Metallo-[beta]-Lactamase
- Emergent Microbial Threats | Nursing
- WHO guidelines for the prevention and control of carbapenem-resistant organisms
- Impact of choice, timing, sequence and combination of broad-spectrum antibiotics on the outcome of allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
- Resistant Infantile Bacterial Conjunctivitis in Egypt: A Microbiology Study.
- California labs commonly use outdated CRE detection practices
- Rapid Diagnostics are Essential in the Battle Against Drug Resistance
- Helperby Therapeutics develops sustainable solution for antibiotic resistance
- Selection of carbapenem resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa in a haematology unit?
- Heteroresistance to carbapenems in invasive pseudomonas aeruginosa infections.
- Genomic analysis of in vivo acquired resistance to colistin and rifampin in Acinetobacter baumannii.
Visit our specialist pages for further KPC insights
- KPC News – Daily Updates
- How is the KPC superbug treated
- What are KPC superbug symptoms
- What is Klebsiella Pneumonia?
- What is the KPC superbug?
KPC News – Medical Journals
We monitor medical journals for the latest research on issues surrounding KPC and CRE. We pay particular attention to items about transmission, treatment, key drugs and infection control. With over 1000 relevant journal articles being released every year, our service can help you see the latest research headlines at a glance.
KPC News – Twitter
We discover cutting edge analysis via the Twitter accounts of leading infection control specialists, medical journalists and national and international agencies. These unique voices are at the heart of the science surrounding KPC and CRE and the discussions about key trends and best practice.
KPC – Mainstream media
Newspapers all over the world carry KPC and CRE related news. We monitor this using news alert software and add key stories to our news feed as well as removing the many duplicates of the same story that sometimes appear. The media shape popular perceptions of the extent and impact of KPC and CRE. Our KPC news service helps you discover, in 2 minutes a day, the important stories that you might want to explore further.
The newsletter and Twitter feed we offer are unique. We believe they will be helpful to infection control specialists, general nursing staff, patient advocates, medical equipment manufacturers and those working on KPC related drug projects. They are both free. Sponsors for the newsletter are welcome – you can find more information by emailing dave(at)tahilla.com