You can be aware of the latest KPC and other carbapenemases news on a daily basis. Every day there are up to 10-15 KPC news stories. We sort them, weed out the duplicates and then create two things. A free daily newsletter, and our Twitter feed. Save yourself hours and be informed in ways that will practically help you, whether you are a patient or a health care worker. See the latest news below and scroll down for a guide to where we get it from and why you can trust it.
- Emergence of ISAba1 harboring carbapenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii isolates in Pakistan. - PubMed - NCBI
- Risk Factors for Colonization or Infection with Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae in Children: a Multicenter Study. - PubMed - NCBI
- Patterns of antimicrobial resistance in intensive care unit patients: a study in Vietnam. - PubMed - NCBI
- Evaluation of different phenotypic tests for detection of metallo-β-lactamases in imipenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa. - PubMed - NCBI
- Appropriateness of antibiotic prescription for targeted therapy of infections caused by multidrug-resistant bacteria: assessment of the most common... - PubMed - NCBI
- Nosocomial infections and resistance pattern of common bacterial isolates in an intensive care unit of a tertiary hospital in Nigeria: A 4-year rev... - PubMed - NCBI
- Potentiation of ceftazidime by avibactam against β-lactam-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa in an in vitro infection model. - PubMed - NCBI
- In vitro interaction of ceftazidime-avibactam in combination with different antimicrobials against KPC-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae clinical iso... - PubMed - NCBI
- Glimpse into the genome sequence of a multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter pittii ST950 clinical isolate carrying the blaOXA-72 and blaOXA-533 genes i... - PubMed - NCBI
- Inhibition of the β-Lactamase BlaMab by Avibactam Improves the In Vitro and In Vivo Efficacy of Imipenem against Mycobacterium abscessus. - PubMed - NCBI
- In Vitro Activity of Ceftolozane-Tazobactam against Multidrug-Resistant Nonfermenting Gram-Negative Bacilli Isolated from Patients with Cystic Fibr... - PubMed - NCBI
- Pharmacokinetics-Pharmacodynamics of a Novel β-Lactamase Inhibitor, CB-618, in Combination with Meropenem in an In Vitro Infection Model. - PubMed - NCBI
- Emerging Diversity of the Cobalamin-Dependent Methyltransferases Involving Radical-Based Mechanisms. - PubMed - NCBI
- Competitive Growth Enhances Conditional Growth Mutant Sensitivity to Antibiotics and Exposes a Two-Component System as an Emerging Antibacterial Ta... - PubMed - NCBI
- Protective Effects of Human and Mouse Soluble Scavenger-Like CD6 Lymphocyte Receptor in a Lethal Model of Polymicrobial Sepsis. - PubMed - NCBI
- The Difficulty in Administering Appropriate Antimicrobial Therapy for Stenotrophomonas maltophilia Bacteremia. - PubMed - NCBI
- Caulobacter spp: A Rare Pathogen Responsible for Paucisintomatic Persisitant Meningitis in a Glioblastoma Patient. - PubMed - NCBI
- Nocardia infections in solid organ and hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients. - PubMed - NCBI
- Simon Harris seeks A&E overcrowding answers from University Hospital Limerick | Irish Examiner
- Vabomere: Major Addition to The Medicines Company’s Portfolio? - Market Realist
Visit our specialist pages for further KPC insights
- KPC News – Daily Updates
- How is the KPC superbug treated
- What are KPC superbug symptoms
- What is Klebsiella Pneumonia?
- What is the KPC superbug?
KPC News – Medical Journals
We monitor medical journals for the latest research on issues surrounding KPC and CRE. We pay particular attention to items about transmission, treatment, key drugs and infection control. With over 1000 relevant journal articles being released every year, our service can help you see the latest research headlines at a glance.
KPC News – Twitter
We discover cutting edge analysis via the Twitter accounts of leading infection control specialists, medical journalists and national and international agencies. These unique voices are at the heart of the science surrounding KPC and CRE and the discussions about key trends and best practice.
KPC – Mainstream media
Newspapers all over the world carry KPC and CRE related news. We monitor this using news alert software and add key stories to our news feed as well as removing the many duplicates of the same story that sometimes appear. The media shape popular perceptions of the extent and impact of KPC and CRE. Our KPC news service helps you discover, in 2 minutes a day, the important stories that you might want to explore further.
The newsletter and Twitter feed we offer are unique. We believe they will be helpful to infection control specialists, general nursing staff, patient advocates, medical equipment manufacturers and those working on KPC related drug projects. They are both free. Sponsors for the newsletter are welcome – you can find more information by emailing dave(at)tahilla.com