You can be aware of the latest KPC and other carbapenemases news on a daily basis. Every day there are up to 10-15 KPC news stories. We sort them, weed out the duplicates and then create two things. A free daily newsletter, and our Twitter feed. Save yourself hours and be informed in ways that will practically help you, whether you are a patient or a health care worker. See the latest news below and scroll down for a guide to where we get it from and why you can trust it.
- A. baumannii , P. aeruginosa outnumber CRE in US hospitals
- ASK2 Bioactive Compound Inhibits MDR Klebsiella pneumoniae by Antibiofilm Activity, Modulating Macrophage Cytokines and Opsonophagocytosis.
- Synergistic activity of fosfomycin, β-lactams and peptidoglycan recycling inhibition against Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- Phenotypic detection of the cfiA metallo-β-lactamase in Bacteroides fragilis with the meropenem-EDTA double-ended Etest and the ROSCO KPC/MBL Confirm Kit.
- Management of multidrug resistant Gram-negative bacilli infections in solid organ transplant recipients: SET/GESITRA-SEIMC/REIPI recommendations.
- Antimicrobial susceptibility patterns of clinical isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolated from patients of respiratory tract infections in a Tertiary Care Hospital, Peshawar.
- Population Pharmacokinetics and Dosing Regimen Optimization of Meropenem in Cerebrospinal Fluid and Plasma in Patients with Meningitis after Neurosurgery.
- [Distribution and drug resistance of pathogens at hematology department of Jiangsu Province from 2014 to 2015: results from a multicenter, retrospective study].
- IncX3 plasmid harboring a non-Tn4401 genetic element (NTEKPC) in a hospital-associated clone of KPC-2-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae ST340/CG258.
- Activity of the β-Lactamase inhibitor LN-1-255 against carbapenem-hydrolyzing class D β-lactamases from Acinetobacter baumannii.
- Correction: EUropean prospective cohort study on Enterobacteriaceae showing REsistance to CArbapenems (EURECA): a protocol of a European multicentre observational study.
- Clinical Microbiology Market Is Driven By Rising Occurrence 2025 - Medgadget (blog)
- Rectal swab screening assays of public health importance in molecular diagnostics: Sample adequacy control.
- Cluster of Carbapenemase-Producing Enterobacteriaceae cases in Kowloon Hospital - 7thSpace Interactive (press release)
- Should you finish the course of antibiotics? Yes—(until further notice) | Center for Disease Dynamics, Economics & Policy (CDDEP)
- Plasmid-Mediated Colistin Resistance Gene mcr-1 in an Escherichia coli ST10 Bloodstream Isolate in the Sultanate of Oman.
- Use of WGS data for investigation of a long-term NDM-1-producing Citrobacter freundii outbreak and secondary in vivo spread of blaNDM-1 to Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae and Klebsiella oxytoca.
- A Five-year Surveillance of Carbapenemase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae in a Pediatric Hospital in China Reveals Increased Predominance of NDM-1.
- Once invincible superbug squashed by 'superteam' of antibiotics
- Clinical outcome of dual colistin- and carbapenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae bloodstream infections: A single-center retrospective study of 75 cases in India.
Visit our specialist pages for further KPC insights
- KPC News – Daily Updates
- How is the KPC superbug treated
- What are KPC superbug symptoms
- What is Klebsiella Pneumonia?
- What is the KPC superbug?
KPC News – Medical Journals
We monitor medical journals for the latest research on issues surrounding KPC and CRE. We pay particular attention to items about transmission, treatment, key drugs and infection control. With over 1000 relevant journal articles being released every year, our service can help you see the latest research headlines at a glance.
KPC News – Twitter
We discover cutting edge analysis via the Twitter accounts of leading infection control specialists, medical journalists and national and international agencies. These unique voices are at the heart of the science surrounding KPC and CRE and the discussions about key trends and best practice.
KPC – Mainstream media
Newspapers all over the world carry KPC and CRE related news. We monitor this using news alert software and add key stories to our news feed as well as removing the many duplicates of the same story that sometimes appear. The media shape popular perceptions of the extent and impact of KPC and CRE. Our KPC news service helps you discover, in 2 minutes a day, the important stories that you might want to explore further.
The newsletter and Twitter feed we offer are unique. We believe they will be helpful to infection control specialists, general nursing staff, patient advocates, medical equipment manufacturers and those working on KPC related drug projects. They are both free. Sponsors for the newsletter are welcome – you can find more information by emailing dave(at)tahilla.com