You can be aware of the latest KPC and other carbapenemases news on a daily basis. Every day there are up to 10-15 KPC news stories. We sort them, weed out the duplicates and then create two things. A free daily newsletter, and our Twitter feed. Save yourself hours and be informed in ways that will practically help you, whether you are a patient or a health care worker. See the latest news below and scroll down for a guide to where we get it from and why you can trust it.
- Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae in the community: a scoping review. - PubMed - NCBI
- High burden of antimicrobial resistance among gram negative bacteria causing healthcare associated infections in a critical care unit of Nepal | Antimicrobial Resistance & Infection Control | Full Text
- Patterns of antimicrobial resistance in intensive care unit patients: a study in Vietnam | BMC Infectious Diseases | Full Text
- Emerging antimicrobial resistance in early and late-onset neonatal sepsis | Antimicrobial Resistance & Infection Control | Full Text
- Automated Surveillance for Healthcare-Associated Infections: Opportunities for Improvement | Clinical Infectious Diseases | Oxford Academic
- Resistance to Last-Ditch Antibiotic Has Spread Farther Than Anticipated - Scientific American
- Fecal carriage of extended-spectrum β-lactamase- and carbapenemase-producing Enterobacteriaceae in Egyptian patients with community-onset gastrointestinal complaints: a hospital -based cross-sectional study | Antimicrobial Resistance & Infection Control
- Researchers explore drug pairings to fight resistant bacteria | CIDRAP
- Real-time whole genome sequencing (RT-WGS) & spread of resistant bacteria | Reflections on Infection Prevention and Control
- The Effect of Emphasizing Patient, Societal, and Institutional Harms of Inappropriate Antibiotic Prescribing on Physician Support of Financial Penalties: A Randomized Trial | Annals of Internal Medicine | American College of Physicians
- Implementing Antimicrobial Stewardship in Long-Term Care Settings: An Integrative Review Using a Human Factors Approach | Clinical Infectious Diseases | Oxford Academic
- Controversies in Hospital Infection Prevention: Construct Validity and Infection Control Nihilism
- Biofilm-Forming Ability and Clonality in Acinetobacter baumannii Strains Isolated from Urine Samples and Urinary Catheters in Different European Hospitals.
- First description of methyltransferases in extensively drug-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates from Saudi Arabia. - PubMed - NCBI
- Clinical characteristics and epidemiology of sepsis in the neonatal intensive care unit in the era of multi-drug resistant organisms: A retrospective... - PubMed - NCBI
- Emergence of carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae isolated from patients in a university hospital in Saudi Arabia. Epidemiology, clinical profiles... - PubMed - NCBI
- Decreased Fitness and Virulence in ST10 Escherichia coli Harboring blaNDM-5 and mcr-1 against a ST4981 Strain with blaNDM-5. - PubMed - NCBI
- Impact of appropriateness of empiric therapy on outcomes in community-onset bacteremia by extended-spectrum-β-lactamase producing Escherichia coli an... - PubMed - NCBI
- Lipid peroxidation in Gram-negative bacteremia modulates the risk for septic shock and infections by resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae. - PubMed - NCBI
- Mother-To-Child Transmission of KPC Carbapenemase-Producing Klebsiella Pneumoniae at Birth. - PubMed - NCBI
Visit our specialist pages for further KPC insights
- KPC News – Daily Updates
- How is the KPC superbug treated
- What are KPC superbug symptoms
- What is Klebsiella Pneumonia?
- What is the KPC superbug?
KPC News – Medical Journals
We monitor medical journals for the latest research on issues surrounding KPC and CRE. We pay particular attention to items about transmission, treatment, key drugs and infection control. With over 1000 relevant journal articles being released every year, our service can help you see the latest research headlines at a glance.
KPC News – Twitter
We discover cutting edge analysis via the Twitter accounts of leading infection control specialists, medical journalists and national and international agencies. These unique voices are at the heart of the science surrounding KPC and CRE and the discussions about key trends and best practice.
KPC – Mainstream media
Newspapers all over the world carry KPC and CRE related news. We monitor this using news alert software and add key stories to our news feed as well as removing the many duplicates of the same story that sometimes appear. The media shape popular perceptions of the extent and impact of KPC and CRE. Our KPC news service helps you discover, in 2 minutes a day, the important stories that you might want to explore further.
The newsletter and Twitter feed we offer are unique. We believe they will be helpful to infection control specialists, general nursing staff, patient advocates, medical equipment manufacturers and those working on KPC related drug projects. They are both free. Sponsors for the newsletter are welcome – you can find more information by emailing dave(at)tahilla.com