You can be aware of the latest NDM-1 news on a daily basis. Every day there are up to 10-15 related news stories. We sort them, weed out the duplicates and then create two things. A free daily newsletter, and our Twitter feed.
NDM-1 and the other resistance agents often found with it such as carbapenemases and ESBL infections are causing worldwide concern as they slowly erode the impact of key antibiotics. We gather news from medical sources, conventional media and our own research to enable you to be aware of this unfolding problem. The information we gather will be of interest to infection specialists, health care workers, patient advocates and patients. Sign up to our email updates to keep informed.
Sign up for our free NDM-1, carbapenemases and ESBL newsletter!
Latest NDM-1 News
- New Delhi metallo-β-lactamase-1 catalyses avibactam and aztreonam hydrolysis.
- A new variant of mcr-3 in an extensively drug-resistant Escherichia coli clinical isolate carrying mcr-1 and blaNDM-5.
- Identification of 76 novel B1 metallo-β-lactamases through large-scale screening of genomic and metagenomic data.
- Carbapenem-resistant Citrobacter spp. isolated in Spain from 2013 to 2015 produced a variety of carbapenemases including VIM-1, OXA-48, KPC-2, NDM-1 and VIM-2.
- [Drug resistance and dissemination of New Delhi metallo-β-lactamase 1 positive bacteria in a patient].
- Structural genomics of pNDM-BTR harboring In191 and Tn6360, and other bla NDM-carrying IncN1 plasmids.
- Emergence of carbapenem resistant Escherichia coli isolates producing blaNDM and blaOXA-48-like carried on IncA/C and IncL/M plasmids at two Iranian university hospitals.
- Emergence of various NDM-type metallo-β-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli clinical isolates in Nepal.
- Identification of IncA/C Plasmid Replication and Maintenance Genes and Development of a Plasmid Multilocus Sequence Typing Scheme.
- High Stringency Evaluation of the Automated BD Phoenix™ CPO Detect and RAPIDEC® CARBA NP Tests for Detection and Classification of Carbapenemases.
NDM-1 News – Medical Journals
We monitor medical journals for the latest research on issues surrounding NDM-1. We pay particular attention to items about transmission, treatment, key drugs and infection control. With over 200 relevant journal articles being released every year, our service can help you see the latest research headlines at a glance.
NDM-1 News – Twitter
We discover cutting edge analysis via the Twitter accounts of leading infection control specialists, medical journalists and national and international agencies. These unique voices are at the heart of the science surrounding NDM-1 and the discussions about key trends and best practice.
NDM-1 – Mainstream media
Newspapers all over the world carry NDM-1 related news. We monitor this using news alert software and add key stories to our news feed as well as removing the many duplicates of the same story that sometimes appear. The media shape popular perceptions of the extent and impact of NDM-1. Our NDM-1 news service helps you discover, in 2 minutes a day, the important stories that you might want to explore further.
The newsletter and Twitter feed we offer are unique. We believe they will be helpful to infection control specialists, general nursing staff, patient advocates, medical equipment manufacturers and those working on NDM-1 related drug projects. They are both free. Sponsors for the newsletter are welcome – you can find more information by emailing dave(at)tahilla.com